View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
Plus, whenever the recipient comes back to this board, they then have to fool with going to CP, to delete the message from there, too. Suffice to say, the old board dealt with emails in a much more streamlined, efficient, better way.

As for the images, the image size is more limited here. I find the thumbnails an annoyance, and once I do open them the image still isn't large enough to suit me. Again, I think the old board dealt with that better.

Frank - thanks for the constructive feedback - I believe what you are describing in the first paragraph above is a "Private Message." When you send someone an email through the board it gets sent directly to their email account and there is no remnant of it on the user CP and nothing to manage as far as deleting in the user CP either. That management is only when you send a "Private Message" which basically is like a board messaging account and since the board stores those messages you have to reply to them and delete them from the board.

As far as the images go, we can discuss changing things so that uploaded images will display larger when the thumbnail is clicked. I'm not sure what limit the old board had on uploading images, but we can certainly look into it. On the plus side, your uploaded images aren't removed after 2 weeks like they were on the old board.

Last edited by Matt; 05-16-2009 at 08:21 PM.