View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 10:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckw View Post
Thanks Peter. It should be fun to see how it goes and it's amazing to see so many Rolex watches sell for over $50k these days. It's funny because a handful of buyers have mentioned to us in the past that we should start to sell Rolex watches. I assume this is because a lot of sports card buyers have also been making good profit on buyer/selling Rolex watches. The 2021 sub we are selling is likely going to continue to appreciate nicely over the next few years, as that has been the constant trend of the newer models. We try to keep things fun and try out more non-traditional items for sports collectors to diversify their investments. We have more silver than ever in this auction as well, and a handful of comic book lots.
The sports models certainly have been great investments over the years, but it seems that now anything with the brand even the plainer watches are appreciating steadily. Whether they're worth it is, of course, the subject of endless (and useless lol) debate. In a way it's like the PSA 10, you're really paying for the brand name, not the watch per se, but I expect it will go on forever because the name is magical.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2022 at 10:30 PM.