View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
I no longer deal, but I once did extensively. There are times you just look at a deal and say, " That won't work." Even at 10% of your estimated value if I am a dealer and I have $1000 worth of high end (let's say a Cobb Red background, but if you are trying to boil it down to one or two cards, it's going to be high end and sellable cards or else considerably overpriced) inventory versus a monster box of commons, the fact that you can sell one card versus having to lug around the monster box for years, you'll keep the single card. There is a chance that you might find a dealer who has an expensive but slow selling card he has had in inventory forever that he sees as if he sees as inventory he is going to be buried with that he might trade. You would probably be best off to move them as lots on eBay or BST. Even then it's not going to be easy to get to 40% or book value, IMO. The exception is if you peel out the high numbers. The 1961s and 1966s if in any condition at all will do well. Sadly there's not that much demand for the 1969s, which I think is a fun set. Please note, I am often wrong, but I think you are in a position to either do the work yourself or settle for literally pennies on the dollar.
Yes not looking for a Cobb or anything in demand. Just 1 card that I can hold on to to make room. Something that is a slow mover for someone else. Where they say hey it might be a 5k card but I've had it forever. And they can make back 2x that on this lot.