View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkandp View Post
Aside from the coloring of the mount that Jay already mentioned, I'm thinking it looks a little funky for other reasons.

The left and right edges of the pictures on the two N173s I own pretty much align with the outer edges of the Old Judge tag line at the bottom of the card. This one seems wider.

In addition, there is far more room between the right, left and top edge of the picture and the right, left and top edge of the mount on my cards than there is on this one.
I think you are kind of questioning whether it is a real card. I highly doubt that someone would fake a card and chop it, but I guess there are all kinds of weird in this world and that's why I posted to get an understanding of what I actually have. Once again though, it was in an album from the right era- i think it would be far too much trouble to someone to try to fake this card for a whopping $250 -$500 when it is a player that looks to be low tier in regards to value. Reviewing other N173s there looks to be inconsistency in all their makes so to me it doesn't catch me as too strange this one has some difference as well.

I assume by mount, the reference is to the board it is attached to which is an amber red color as seen from the side profile. The bottom edge where cut is much whiter however.

Maybe it is so rare that it is worth billions due to it's uniqueness.