View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Ram, pick yourself up off the floor, bub!

Granted, this EBAY vendor makes a poor word choice of "card" to describe his newspaper/magazine clippings. This aspect he should clarify right now!!!!!!!

However, he makes no bones about precisely what he is selling. Furthermore, his skimpy $2 shipping and handling charge is fair. As long as those clippings are original from way back when, I think he's hit on a good idea. Some are as he says---rare. Some are probably not. Regardless, if you like this sort of collectible, I really don't see the problem if it's actually E Pluribus Unum. If everyone on my block had a clipping, but I did not, and wanted one, I would want to buy it. A picture is a picture, whether on a card, from a newspaper, a publication, or book. Naturally, a card is worth a lot more, but in the example you kindly provided for us, if I were a big Hank Greenberg fan, I might just want it.

If he makes BANK, good for him. Furthermore, he clearly says in his listing that his stuff is 100% money back guaranteed. What more could you want? I probably shouldn't ask that, but come on?

My nickel pack's worth. ---Brian Powell

Oh, I agree Brian. When I said he was way,way smarter than me, I wasn't being sarcastic. He is, for the most part, describing accurately. But...the buyer side of the market. I'm blown away! I never dreamed people bought this crap (my opinion) in this quantity. He's found a niche I would have, and still do, laugh at.

Rob M