View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Default Personal Note On 2014 National: Examining Photos in Person

I will be at the National this time, at booth 1820 helping Belltown Vintage Cards (Scott F.), but will also be examining photos there. If you have anything photo or related (I'm also well versed in ink printed item), feel free to stop by.

I will be issuing physical certificates on the spot for a fee, but, if you don't want a physical documentation of opinion, I give general opinions and advice for free to visiting collectors. (If this was a fee based-ad, I wouldn't have posted). If Leon think's this is post is inappropriate as an ad, I understand if he removes it, but I figured it involved free advice it would be okay.

Just wanted to give a heads up for those photo collectors or potential photo buyers. This is my first National, so I don't know what to expect. I have been told that being a dealer at the national involves a lot of sitting around downtime and general boredom (Someone said "Bring a book'), so would rather be looking at someone's photos and items that just sitting around.

If you have anything unusual or special you will want me to look at or want an appointment to make sure i'm at the booth or want to meet me elsewhere, you can email me beforehand at cycleback@cycleback.com

Lastly, no one's omniscient and I'm only human, so don't get mad if you give me a mystery photo or lithograph and my conclusion is "I don't know."

The very last note is I'm not business-associated with Scott F. or anyone else at the booth (two other Net54ers are also renting space from Scott at the booth too). Scott and I just happen to be old friends from the same area and are traveling together and sharing the booth. Other than I will have some of my books for sale, I'm not selling any photos or cards or memorabilia, and get no percentage or other payment from anything else that sells by others. I'm not there working as a dealer and any T206s, photos or autographs at the booth are not being sold be me. No auction house or dealer has paid me to push consignments their way, and I'm also not working in competition to any Net54ers or tother who are there to sell cards and memorabilia. If no one wants my services, I'll be treating my trip to Cleveland as a vacation. I was raised in the Midwest and, living on the West Coast for the past two decades where my family including retired parents also live, get back there rarely-- so, when Scott asked if I wanted to tag along, the idea of taking a trip to the Midwest and going to my first National had appeal as a summer vacation destination.

Cheers,
David Rudd Cycleback

Last edited by drcy; 07-23-2014 at 12:53 PM.