View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 10:53 AM

Default Nuf Ced McGreevy Bar in Boston

About a month ago in between a special Fenway Park Tour and the evening game vs Detroit I had lunch with Peter Nash at the McGreevy Bar on Boyleston Street. I was with my son and innocent four year old twin granddaughters, and Peter was the perfect host.

The Fenway Park tour was great. One gets to go behind the scoreboard in left field and see the physical signage and the cramped quarters. It is difficult for two people to pass. I believe entrance is only through the playing field door made notorious by Manny Ramirez who occasionally ducked in for a sandwich (or something or nothing) between innings. I'm told there is no air conditioning or running water nor did I see any. Ended with a very good buffet luncheon hosted by Dick Flavin, a former Red Sox announcer and Poet Laureate.

The Detroit game not so good for a life long Detroit fan "whose world still tips a little when the Tigers lose."

I would like to see a count of hands for anyone who believes that the Charlie Sheen Ruth 1927 World Series Ring was "resized for Claire Ruth in homage to her husband."

Keith H Thompson