View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Todd, I'm not tying what happened in 1996 to LaRussa at all. I said that LaRussa had already left by then in my post. My bringing Terry Steinbach's season by season home run total up was an attempt to show that whoever was responsible for doing the steroid injecting was still there. It was either a trainer, Mark McGwire, or somebody connected with one of the two. Nobody thought it was LaRussa doing the injecting, so it wouldn't have stopped with his departure.
So what was your point? You ranted on LaRussa, said he pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes and then rattled off a bunch of numbers from the '96 A’s--not his team--which you called compelling evidence. Evidence of what? That steroids were prevalent in baseball that year? Duh. That the problem in Oakland still existed–again Duh. How does this implicate LaRussa? How was the problem any different there than in 27 other clubhouses?

Seems to me you just latched on to some numbers to go after Steinbach, and now a couple of other A's. Good for you. Why did you not address my point that HRs were up all over MLB that year,and that Brady Anderson hit 50? Rex Hudler hit 16 for the Angels– in 92 games– having never hit more than 8 in a season. Why not call them out? I would suggest that they are not discussed because they don’t fit your premise, but I don’t know what your premise is. If it is that there was steroid use in Oakland in 1996 and before then congratulations for uncovering what we have all known for years.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 09-05-2014 at 10:05 AM.