View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I actually started this set a while ago, as i was born in 75 ... I was going to do both the mini and regular sized set. Had the same frustrations with buying near mint lots that all too often had those pesky print dots. Got some great looking cards from packs from bbce, but the prices have really jumped the last year or so.
And that's the problem with buying lots. While the cards may be in near mint condition, the print dots are a major eye sore. The only real way to avoid them is to buy the cards individually. If you buy 200 mint cards, I'm betting you might get 20 cards without any print flaws. So, you end up buying them again, anyway.

It's ok, I'm in no rush to complete this set. It will be done right. When it is done, should I ever want to, or need to sell it, it would command a premium for its superior visual quality.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.