View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post

Scott S thanks for the newspaper articles (now we just need to put names to faces). Would love to see your panorama. Very cool that you know the provenance. I think these were given out only to the players so would love to know which player mine was given to. Christie's also didn't call out that this was a Carl Horner photo. I didn't notice that in the pic when I was bidding.
Thanks AJ - here's a pic of mine - best I have at the moment. You'll see the hand lettering in the lower left corner - noting the years of Boston's World Series wins. I always found it interesting that nothing was done to note the difference between Red Sox wins vs. Braves wins - they were all just "Boston". And love that it says "Nuf Ced" on the front.

Also, the Horner name was in the portion of the right end that got chopped off (wonder why each end was trimmed - space?). So it was hand-written in. Neat touch.

The back of the original framing also notes Nuf Ced's initials (MTM) and his home address - maybe it was delivered to him after framing?

Having a few items which were personally owned by Nuf Ced, that's why I really wanted to add the cabinet photo of him from the Christie's auction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nuf ced 1922 game.jpg (81.1 KB, 348 views)