View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 08:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Are you talking about the white line (wrinkle) above his left hand, near the border? I am not seeing the touch ups yet.
These old eyes aren't seeing well these days.

PS. Never mind. I just went to the auction on ebay. I think that scan is just wrong. Hopefully someone else will too. The thin white line can't be seen at all. It's magic. That said the scan is so small there is a chance they didn't do anything to it. I looked at the smallest image on the Bussineau site and it sort of looks similar. Misleading at best.....but not sure if it goes over the line to get pulled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
The current auction item description....

Up for auction is a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle RC #311 vintage baseball card. This card has been graded a PSA 4 VG-EX! This card has no creases, light corner wear, near perfect centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind.

That said, the previous description in the Bussineau Auction read...

It is very nicely centered with immaculate print quality, a beautiful unblemished aqua-blue background, and an ultra-bold crystal-clear portrait image of Mantle.

Bussineau seems to steer one away from thinking there is a wrinkle or crease. But at least you could see it.

Battlefield gets away with the description because it could be called a wrinkle vs a crease. But the photo is another story. I hope the f*cker goes down! And I wish I knew who was actually running Battlefield's page. I mentioned before that I traded messages and sure didn't get the feeling it was a woman communicating with me. Then again, I know women that talk like trucker's so I guess it's possible. The PayPal billing states Carol Battles. Could be a husband or son running it?

Last edited by Leon; 09-09-2017 at 08:33 AM.