View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Mike

Default Any Pocket Schedule Collectors Here?

Hi,

I'm pretty new here. Been lurking, checking out various threads here. Seems like a great community and I hope I can become a part of it.

A bit about me first. My name is Mike. I'm a die hard Yankees fan, been so since I was 5 years old when my first game was watching Chris Chambliss homer the Yankees into the World Series. I was bitten by the baseball bug and have been a fan ever since. I guess you can say, due to the timing, I was the original band wagon jumper

I collect all things Yankees. I have about 15,000 cards, close to 200 autographs and about 25 Yankee bobble heads. I have magazines, pins, DVD's, books, jerseys, t shirts and a even a bat or two.

I just started a Yankees schedule collection and was wondering if anyone else here collects them as well. Was looking for storage advice and anything else you can think of. My goal, right now, is to collect from 1970-present day. I just picked up a 1970 schedule off ebay. I have a couple from the past couple of years, so I will be looking to add to the collection. I figured I would do the schedules as programs are a bit pricey for me right now and I figured the schedules would be a nice way to show off some vintage Yankees history.

Would love to see pics of any schedules if anyone collects.

Thanks for the long read and thanks for letting me join this wonderful community.

Mike