View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:53 PM
psu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amullins View Post
I apologize in advance, if I seem like a scrub. I haven't collected in years but have grown to want and learn more.

This weekend, the wife and I went to a known garage location that vendors sell all their crap. This one seller seemed to want to get rid of everything and stop the hobby all together, so I took advantage. The list below is by far the best cards I've ever seen card wise / look and feel.

1992 Topps Gold - Set Complete. Paid 10
1990 Leaf - Set Complete. Paid 10
1983 Donruss - Set complete. Paid 10 - growing trend?
1984 Topps - Set Complete
1988 Topps Football Set - Complete
1989 Bowman - Set Complete
1989 Upper Deck - Set Complete - Griffey standing nice and proud (off center but still gorgeous)

Also I bought a set of binders, four of them ranging from multiples to singles and sets in them. All below 1990s. One of the biggest pulls was the 1993 Jeter Gold rookie. I only paid 10 bucks for all the binders.

I have more, I just havent gone through it all. All in all I spent 290 bucks including the separate singles I rifled through. A pile of Yaz 60-70 cards - all looking gorgeous. Basically sat in a box for 40 years. Every card looks crisp, no broken corners that I can see.

My question is, should everything of value be graded?

Edit: This gentleman that I met earlier in the day asked if I wanted to see his personal collection. I very much wanted to see everything he owned and was overwhelmed when he said I could have everything 1984-1992. All major brands, all sets completed (not in factory sets, just complete). He offered everything free. I would say close to 500k cards.

Thanks in advance! Thanks for adding me!

lmk wanna get rid of the jeter gold