View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Default The most amazing day in your hobby history

Posted By: Jimmy

I have to say when I first started collecting prewar cards in 1999, I came across a few collections on the same weekend and was able to work with the dealers and they put them away for me. These were dealers I worked with for a long time. I just graduated from college at the time and was looking for a new trend in the hobby. I spent a lot of time in college B/S/T cards and collectibles, but never prewar cards. The next two years I would work with the dealers and purchase a few at a time until I had them all. I never looked back and was very happy that I was able to get them. The cards included about 300 T206s cards (many HOFs), a few T204 cards including a TTT back, Connie Mack Old Judge, some Cracker Jack cards and a group of Goudey cards which included some high graded. Most were sent to SGC and PSA, then I enjoyed trading and selling for a few years to help pay for my first house. Over the years I gained more experience and knowledge, but that one weekend seeing all those cards at once opened my eyes to a new beginning in collecting.

Jimmy