View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 07:44 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
It would probably be best to expand the question to Rowe vs. Elder vs. Brace vs. Paulson, as all produced RPPC's with similar characteristics.

To answer your specific question though, the Jim Elder RPPC's have a stamped number from 1 to 1400 on the back (printed postcard) side of the postcard with no player identification (at least, not applied by Elder himself, though later collectors may have added their own). Jim Rowe's postcards have a hand-penned block letter identification of the player on the back.
Thanks, I just found the data on the Jim Elder postcards having stamped #'s on the back. The question could be expanded but I am not sure anyone would know the complete answer as people like J.D. McCarthy would also have to be added. In addition, since Jim Rowe bought some of George Brace's negatives, how does one differentiate? I think just a whole kettle of fish.

If Jim Rowe's p/c had a hand penned block letter of the name on the back I guess I will have to re-look at what I thought were Jim Rowe and put them back in my Postcard listing. Thanks. I am learning a lot and finding out I don't know hardly anything. Appreciate your response.