View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Todd Jenkins

Default National

I went to my first National and totally enjoyed it. It was a bit overwhelming at first but then came up with a plan. I think I saw most of what was there. I was their from Wednesday to Friday noon not missing a single minute. What made it special for me was for the first time at a card show things fell in place perfectly for me.

My goal was to pick a graded Mantle Auto, preferably a 1994 Upper Deck! I submitted two cards for next day return to BGS. An Aaron Judge Archives Bazooka Auto and a '17 Heritage Trout Auto. The Judge came back a 9.5/10 and the Trout 9.5/9. Ended scoring an 8.5/10 '94 UD Mantle Auto and much more after trading the Judge and Trout. I am usually a reverse flipper. My wife even said, well finally you sold high!

I had heard that some members said prices where high and that dealers weren't budging on prices. I found out just the opposite. I had found some really good prices after a little bargaining. I was particularly happy with the PSA 4 '53 Bowman Color of Musial I picked up! Twins autos were also selling cheap which was great for me!

Needless to say, my first National was a blast and can't wait until next year!

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/187700522@N03/

Recent positve trades with: Brian Van Horn, frank bmd, nkesterke09, ajg, esehombre, mrmantlecollector, KC Doughboy, gregr2,bn2cardz, sycks22

Last edited by tjenkins; 08-01-2017 at 09:47 PM.