View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Default Problem with John Ward Four Base Hits

Posted By: Preece1

I had intended to stay on the sideline on this one as I know the consignor and consider him to be highly ethical. In fact, since the consignor assumed I might be a potential bidder, he sent me before and after scans long before the auction started. There is no question in my mind that the intentions of the consignor should not be questioned here.

But, to Zach's comment that the work done was quite good and maybe the auctioneer missed it (I am paraphrasing here), here is where I have the problem. I have seen the completed card in person, and anyone who has spent any time in this hobby could tell two things after looking at the card 1) it was a very nice job by the conservator, and 2) it is obvious that the bottom was new to the card.

To me personally it comes down to one of two things, either the auctioneer didn't take a good look at the card when they put it in their auction(which is a problem for me), or they looked at the card, saw what was done, and intentionally(?) was vague in the write-up (which is obviously a much bigger issue).