View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 05:30 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

very very nice card, and makes me wonder what else is out there! The first characteristic I think of with the set is "obscure". Each card is extremely rare, but the popularity of the set just hasn't grown. There are some incredible cards in the set (Jeff's Hal Chase being one of them), but the e104-3 could surely use a big time HOFer to add to the popularity (like a Cobb).

I think it would be impossible to come even close to acquiring the full set, unless your Keith Olbermann. I have acquired about 15 over the years, but my pace (and patience) has slowed down given the difficulty of the set. I don't know who still has a material e104-3 set anymore, Marc S always had a way more impressive collection, and I assume Pete C has some nice ones as well.

Here are a few from my last purchase a few months ago, they don't come around often and when they do prices are all over the place (I didn't big hard enough on the e104-3 in the most recent REA, but that one was beautiful and went for a great price:

Jennings001 (1).jpg

E104-3 Doyle001.jpg

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums