View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Default Safety Deposit Box Plunge

Posted By: T206Collector

Well, I took the deep plunge into a nice safety deposit box at my bank this morning. It fits no more than 26 SGC graded cards. So, at the bank with my 50 or so best SGC cards, I sat in a little private room -- like Jason Bourne -- going through them trying to determine the 26 best, i.e., the ones that would be hardest to replace even if I got the insurance proceeds from a fire, theft, etc. It was an interesting exercise, being forced to choose the best 26 cards. I suppose it was easier than having to choose the top 5 or 10. But still, there were a couple of good cards cut at numbers 27, 28 and 29 and up into the 30's. Alas, this will just have to do because I did not want to spend more than $100 annually on the box.

I suppose at some point I'll want to drop some anti-moisture crystals in there. Perhaps a few precious documents and other heirlooms that can still fit between the cards. All in all, an interesting experience and I feel much better knowing that I'm no longer sitting on $15,000-$20,000 of hard to replace baseball cards.