View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 09:08 AM

Shoebox,

thank you for the kind words.

no i do not own any of these. i likely will pick up one on ebay when i get around to it as a fond remembrance.

the cards i obtained were a walk in at the chicago card show in summer or fall of 1974 and came with a box of 1935 - 1941 cards and various other premiums. the seller also had a box of publications which were bought by another table holder.

i sold all of my collection and vast inventory of old cards by 1978 or so. i had expenses and other opportunities that worked out quite well for me. so this is a fond memory. i was in love with bb history and the cards of course were a big part of that and this is a nice way to revisit that history.

i was thinking about the psa registry of type 4 premiums. since the feller card is so dominant, as i recall, it occurs to me either the feller was only issued in the type 4 set so they can't muck up the type designation but additionally as feller was so deservedly popular as a young phenom, i suspect they printed and distributed a whole lot more fellers then the other players. also take a look at the dimaggio premium. this was before he got his teeth fixed and yes, he looks like a horse. yikes!, i thought my teeth were bad.

shoebox, also when you get the back issues of the magazine that has detailed articles on this subject could you post what you find related to the type 4 according to the writer of those articles. i think myself and others would find it interesting why they think these are 1937 vs 1936 for the type 1 issuance. i am presuming team uniform is the give away but????

i will add these comments to the fine thread on this subject in case some others have some interest.
all the best,
jsq

Last edited by jsq; 01-28-2016 at 09:10 AM.