View Single Post
Old 02-26-2002, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Default Returns on ebay sales issue

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

for what it's worth.....

(1) I think Professionally graded cards should be returnable. There are HUGE swings in a PSA7 or PSA8 depending on when it was graded and, whether you believe it or not, who submitted it. I've seen 7's that look like 9's and 8's that look like 5's. With improper scans, it's a pain in the.....

(2) Restocking fees are B.S. Generally used for stuff like electronics and computer goods. I bought a 2K laptop at Best Buy and noticed there was a 15% restocking fee--even if you brought it back in within the 30 day grace period. That's a little excessive but I do understand having to ensure packaging is returned to as close to original state as possible. On cards? For putting it back in the 'shoe' box? Re-entering it into inventory? Sounds like someone trying to make a buck.

(3) If seller made the mistake, they should eat the costs and if buyer decides against goods, they should eat the costs. If seller made the mistake they should actually eat the return costs as well. That doesn't happen too often.