View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 04:00 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Thank you to everyone for the ideas. As someone who has collected for many years but never collected prewar I feel like a total newbie despite being a show promoter, card shop owner and collector over the past 40+ years.

There are so many options but I just have to decide what I want. I do have to say that the prospects of owning a Matty, or Cobb no matter what the grade are incredibly intriguing especially for someone who loves the history of the game like I do. I think I have decided to go after some of the greats of the game in an whatever issue I can afford and not worry about the monetary investment because after all, that is what we are supposed to do with a hobby isnt it?

I love the T206's and saw a Matty on the BST that I have some interest in. I saw a Crawford and a few others I need to consider as well. The suggestion for the Triple Folders was a great one as I have found I do like those cards and can get one or two players for the price of one in some instances. Leon, I have always loved the artistic beauty of the t205's. I have never really even considered the M101's but they do look pretty good.

I have some decisions to make and it looks like this is actually breathing some new life into a hobby that I was starting to get a bit bored with. Collecting a whole new era of cards that are actually affordable is getting me excited to jump back into the collecting ring. Thank you for all the great thoughts everyone and I will certainly keep this thread updated with what I find. I have no doubt I will overpay for some of the cards I will be buying but who hasnt done that right?