View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Default Cobb T206 Red question

Posted By: identify7

I certainly can appreciate that this board's preference is to not be a vehicle for advertising (other than the B/S/T). Also, I can understand Martin's position that as a potential bidder who has been tracking the card, it is now more clearly identified to a larger audience.

However, I wonder if anyone cares about my view that if given a choice of whether to be appraised of something when it is too late, or when there is still time; I would prefer to be appraised of something when there is still time.

Now I recognize that Brian E.'s suggestion addresses the poster's potential interest in verifying the legitimacy of his observations, without revealing the specific auction, and perhaps that is the best way to proceed. But I sure do not object to a "heads up" whenever something unusually neat comes around. I do not typically scour all offerings to make sure that I miss nothing. Actually I bet that there are lots of people whose obscession with this hobby could be taken up a notch, and others who could lighten up a bit. Its only cards. BUT IT IS CARDS!!!