View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Jeff R

Default The Johnny Kling Spotted Monkey Ear

I know there have been threads in the past on all the T206 crazy errors, misprints, scratches, etc... Just today, my nine year old son has found the Johnny Kling Spotted Monkey Ear Error. Not sure if this is documented, so I apologize if I'm repeating. Anyhow, as my son Sam and I were looking through some of our t206 collection, Sam asked, "what's this spot on this guy's monkey ear." I can't confirm that Mr. Kling actually has a monkey ear, but I was intrigued as the spot was not paper loss, but instead looked like a drop of ink. I looked at the Kling's currently on EBay for sale and sure enough there was one Kling card with a spot on his "monkey" ear. Both cards are Piedmont 150, with corresponding Monkey Ear Spots. Please see scan below to confirm the Spotted Monkey Ear Error. My card is currently up for sale for $10,000.

image.jpg
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...