View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 07:06 PM
J@son M1ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Jason--Are you saying that Heritage is collecting taxes that they do not pay, or that their system is paying more tax than it has to? I doubt the former is happening. If it is the latter, perhaps you could call their Dallas headquarters and discuss it with their financial people.
I have no idea what they are doing other than charging me tax on shipping. In California you aren't supposed to do that. But since they are calling it Service and not Shipping, they are charging the tax. Whatever they are doing with the money, I have no idea. I'm not saying it is illegal either. I'm just saying it is annoying and an example like my previous one where they use language to say whatever they want to say to get whatever they want. "Unique Back" "Service and Handling", etc.

"Mr. Miller,

Thank you for your email. The shipping charges are titled as service and handling and as this includes materials, handling and shipping charges it is taxable. You can go online and process the payment or I can process it for you manually at your request.
Please feel free to contact me with any further questions you might have.

Gary Fournerat
Auction Client/Bidder Services
HERITAGE AUCTIONS
800-872-6467 | Fax: 214-409-1425
3500 Maple Ave. 17th Floor, Dallas, TX 75219
www.HA.com "

Last edited by Jaybird; 08-14-2015 at 07:09 PM.