View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Default the new board is being scrapped for the time being

Posted By: Dan McCarthy

For the record, I can't wait for the new board to come around. I think it's funny that people prefer this old board vs the new "high tech" one. I don't know how long this version of Net54 baseball has been around for but the vBulletin software that the new site used (will use?) should be rock solid and forums with many hundreds of thousands of members use it. I can remember sites at least 5 years old (I wasn't on the internet much, before then) running on very similar platforms. I'm amazed that anyone who has been on the internet for any length of time hasn't come across another vBulletin forum. As far as new features, there really aren't even that many, and those that do exist WILL be used by everybody. For example, the search feature will be much more useful. Someone like myself who is relatively new to the site will be able to easily navigate to discussions about rarer subjects, like Ferguson Bakery BF2s and W600s. If you've been able to figure out buying and selling on eBay, I don't think that it will be too difficult to figure out the new forum. The slowness was obviously an issue but I'm sure Leon and crew will get it worked out, and I can't wait! I just wanted to demonstrate my support for the new site and appreciation for all the hard work that went in/is going into it! Also, I don't blame those who prefer this version of the site. After all, it is dedicated to the discussion and appreciation of very old things; once the "new" new site is up, however, please be patient and give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure that you'll love it. It'll be just like the DH, interleague play, and the "this-time-it-count" All Star game!!!! (just kidding... )

Now, back to baseball: here is further proof that baseball can metaphorically relate to any aspect of life.

The current site: was once top-of-the-line, still somewhat reliable but terribly old & outdated
[linked image]

The "old" new site: powerful, great, but sssslllloooowwww as hell
[linked image]

The future new site: speed, reliability, and power all rolled into one!
[linked image]