View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Thanks for your response. Understood on the factors -- I tried to include some of them but maybe I wasn't clear. Here is a more detailed description: It was purchased at a stadium souvenir stand, around 1960, so is not a game-used item. It is a high quality construction, all wool with leather band. I wouldn't go quite so far as to call it "like-new," but it has no visible flaws (no pulls, stains, signs of wear, bends or creases), maintains its original vibrant colors (ie no fading), and has no structural flaws. Obviously old wool hats don't quite maintain their form like a newer hat would, but this cap doesn't have those sunken-in waves on the front like many get from sitting without support over time. If it were a rare item, I could imagine it sitting proudly in a museum.

As I said, my main intention isn't to get a precise value on this hat -- just trying to get a sense of the market for similar items. Assuming it is an original, stadium-purchased, 1960 souvenir cap in very good condition, what sort of price would you expect to have to plunk down for it?

Thanks!