View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
Oh yeah...I have the Wiltse right ear confirmed with six backs, Hassan 30 and 649, HLC, Piedmont 25 and 42, and Polar Bear.

Joshua
Thanks for this confirmation, I had a feeling that Wiltse (right ear) had a 6th back....but it isn't an AB. Therefore, this Wiltse is not part of the above group.

(1) I agree with you that the "NOT AS TOUGH TEN" (Bresnahan, Smith and Titus Wilson, etc.) are not that tough relative to the others. However, the point
I am trying to simply make is that these 10 were printed with the same set of tobacco advertisements as the tougher 10. And, this implies to me that they
were all on the same sheet of T205's. Now, correct me if I am wrong here. I do not think there are any other T205 subjects that were printed with this par-
ticular combination of 6 tobacco backs as this group of 20 ?

Speaking about T205 sheets, these 2 scans give us some idea of how these cards were printed. The back scan on the left of my Collins (mouth open) tells
us that this subject was double-printed on the sheet.

My Titus card tells us that Titus and Smith were adjacent cards on the sheet.

.................................................. ............ Collins (mouth open) ............................................... Titus / Smith

(2) Your theory regarding the 12 Minor Leaguers (ML) is very interesting. But, how does one account for the fact that Rowan, Scanlon, Sweeney & Vaughn
were not printed with the Hassan (Factory #649) backs, as were the 12 ML ?

Joshua.....I'm not trying to be picky here, but my T206 front/back "fixation" forces me ask this question.

TED Z