View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 AM

Thanks for posting this, Ed! This type of behavior is not right, and is another example of fraud within the hobby.

I had this happen to me 2 years ago on an OPC Gretzky RC. After I won the eBay auction I did some searching and found the card had sold before. No big deal, but once I checked the scans of the older sale I noticed the flip was the same, but the cards looked different (the one I won had better centering and a better upper right corner).

So I message'd the seller and told them that it appeared they photoshopped their scans. I requested they cancel the transaction, which they did, but they denied any wrongdoing. I sent comparison scans to a few hobby friends, but neither of them could be certain of photoshopping.

I went back through my Gavelsnipe history to see who the seller was of the Gretzky.... Battlefield0516. This is no coincidence, and reassures me that I wasn't seeing things 2 years ago. Ed, I think you should edit your title to mention the seller by name (you can do so in advanced mode).

Here's the Gretzky comparison. The upper right corner is definitely colored in on the Battlefield0516 example on the right, and it also appears they added some right border to give the impression of better centering...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99.jpg (74.0 KB, 2583 views)