View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 01:05 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
It is obvious you value a player's rookie card above everything else. That seems to be the mindset of virtually all Canadian collectors,
CORRECTION: It is the mindset of MOST collectors (not only Canadians!) Go look at the Top 200 Sportscards in the Hobby by Joe Orlando - an amazing book - and you'll see that most of the cards are rookies. Go look at the want-lists online and you'll see that most cards are rookies. People want rookies!

Now again, there is no such thing as a perfect list and everything can be debated. However, if somebody is going to tell me that a $15 card should have made the list - a card that no hockey collector gives a crap about except for him - then I am going to disagree.

If somebody tells me that the 1963 Parkhurst #55 Gordie Howe should have made the list, a non-rookie, then that's a pretty good pick! Here is the card, by the way:

This card is both beautiful and popular.

Thank you for your comment