Thread: Grading idiocy
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 08:18 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Grading is better for the layman than it was before, I think for the more informed folks it's negligible. The value of PSA over raw or ever other companies shows the influence of less informed investors buying in to the hobby for profit.

Will it stay this way? If the profits are there to be made then yes.

Right now those folks are buying a brand name for the security they feel the grade gives.

I remember the 80's and everyone walking around with those silly lucite gridded card measurement devices because trimming was so rampant. New collectors were frustrated after getting burned and the grading companies filled a void.

The real reason for all this is the focus on condition by the majority of collectors. With the money involved people will find a new way to work the system every time the old way is discovered...it's just an inevitability.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 02-19-2017 at 09:04 AM.