View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Default ratio of psa 8 graded t206 cards to ungraded cards that would grade 8 or better?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

In my limited knowledge of T206 sets out there in the population, I have personally seen two ungraded
sets that would Grade overall a "7". Both of these sets belong to fellow collectors who I have known for
over 25 years.

The slightly better set consists of 523 cards..,..Wagner is ExMt and Plank is Ex (no Doyle). I'd estimate
about 20% of the cards in this set are "8's" (or 100+ cards). And, 60% are "7's"; and, the remaining 20%
are "6's".

The owner of this set has no interest in ever getting his collection graded. But, several years ago he put
some of his best ones to the test by sumbmitting to SGC and they all graded "8's".

Set #2.....this set consists of 521 cards (no Wagner, Plank or Doyle). It's a beautiful set that each card
would consistently grade a "7". There are a some "8's" in it; but, no "6's". This owner has no interest in
having them graded.

Both of these sets have been meticulously upgraded over a period of 30+ years.

These are the only two T206 sets that I can vouch for. My 2nd T206 set was my best condition set, and
I'd say it was an overall Grade 6....I can tell you, though, that there are many more T206 sets such as
these, that are out there in the population that will never appear in a Registry or in a POP reports.

TED Z