View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Default BEWARE - SCAMMER deebo79

Posted By: anthony

here's what i did, it took a little creativity but i recovered about 90% of my money.

i bought 2 cards and sent payment via bank check for about $1400. (i'll tell you now my credit union was zero help) after about 4-5 weeks of waiting and no communications through emails or phone, i decided to fill out a police report at my work. stating i had all the necessary paperwork, emails, etc. to file fraud/grand theft/etc. against this guy...gave the name of a detective at their local p.d. that i was in contact with...pretty much a scare tactic.

i miraculously got an email from the wife who claimed her husband had died and wanted to make it up to me by sending any of his collectibles (junk) in lieu of payment for the gerhig and dimaggio cards i purchased, which of course she could not find.

i told her that i sent $1400 cash and would expect at least that in collectibles along with a copy of the death certificate and it needed to be quick or i would proceed with the "fuzz". she did in fact send me a bunch of junk collectibles and about 6-7 10th year hofers from the 60's but no death certificate and no explaination other than an apology.

i inturn had to list all of the items on ebay in order to recoop my losses, it took about 10 months to sell everything but i recooped roughly $1200...that was the last time i bought from an ebayer i didnt know or already have prior transactions with.

luckily it worked for me, maybe you can try something like this.