View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Manny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I have gotten emails or seen ads nearly every day for the past ten years saying the same thing from some market guru or other. Always the same message about the debt and the dollar; always the same predictions of massive drops in stock prices, and so on and so forth. And always backed up by analysis purporting to show it's just around the corner, or already started. Got them at Dow 10,000, and 12,000, and 15,000, and 20,000, etc. etc. They always want to sell you some guide to making money in a crash. Carry on.

Here's one of my faves, Porter Stansberry, predicting 2018 will be the beginning of the end.
http://thecrux.com/a-huge-rally-and-...gger-collapse/

He doesn't tell you he's had the same message since 2009 lol. You would have done real well listening to his crap.
No one wants to spoil a good party. Every asset I can think of has gone up at least 5-fold since 2010. I remember just a couple of years ago buying Apple shares at $90, and now it's at $215. Over a trillion dollar market cap already. Facebook from $50 a share to over $180 in less than 3 years. Bitcoin. Real Estate. Coins. Cards. Everything.

Some wisdom and a little knowledge of history can be very sobering at times.