View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Default AFFORDABLE T206 sub-sets you can COMPLETE

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Ted,
Here you go....

Hindu Set (190 cards): I think the real number of different poses released with Brown Hindu backs is closer to 155-160, and may be a bit lower. Collecting the first 50 or say may not take that long, but it really slows down once you get over the 100 mark. And when you get past 125 it slows to a crawl... My last "new" Hindu pickup took 7 months...
The cost of getting to the 150 mark in VG would probably hit an avg of $300.00 a card or 45K, so you may want to shoot for FR/GD.

Anyone wanting to include Hindu's in there collection, may want to spilt up the Southern League set into teams and see if you can collect 1/3 with Hindu, 1/3 with Old Mill, and 1/3 with Piedmont...

Carolina Brights (214 cards): Give up!!!! These are my favorite... and I don't need the competition.... In all seriousness, this set is probably close to complete at 140 cards or so, unless we "find" a lot of new cards in the future. I won't even speculate on the cost, because I've only made it to 50 and that took a few decades....

I hope this helps a little. Be well Brian

PS I wish I had as much free time as T-REX... so I could help you more...