View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
I tip my cap to you, Tanner. That's the most entertaining and informative thing I've read here in a while.
In my book, this is a website full of heavy hitters, so I wear this comment as a badge of honor, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Mouschi/Tanner,

Great stuff, love the look of those enhanced Old Judge images. The image clarity is just stunning!

Along those lines, have a serious question for you. Have you ever thought of trying to do something like this with a Magic Lantern Slide? Not exactly the same as a glass plate negative, but again, dealing with an image on glass, and not paper. So, I assume the images may still be much sharper, clearer, and undamaged, after more than 100 years than if they were all on paper. Would be really interested to see if you could do a similar zoom or expansion of Magic Lantern Slide images, and if they could look anything similar to how those OJ glass plate negative images turned out for you. If you could blow-up some of these Magic Lantern Slide images with even a somewhat similar clarity to these glass negative images, I think that could result in some great images also. Just a thought outside the box.
That's a great idea - I'd love to look into it when I have time. The problem is my creativity wants to live in a world where days at 72 hours long. I have so, so, SO many ideas ... and so, so, SO little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
thanks for that! I like the smoothness of your delivery..........
I'm glad you liked it!