View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Default Separated at Birth? E90-1 Joe Jacksons

Posted By: leon

First of all I like all kinds of cards, slabbed and raw. I think the hobby is infinitely better with grading companies than without. I still like some cards raw too. I would imagine a third of my collection, or more, is still raw.

I sent in a 25k+ card last year to be graded. It came back as having been recolored. I didn't see it upon my first close inspection. When it was pointed out to me I could then see it. With no grading company in the picture I could have lost 10k on that one buy. I worked a return out with the seller and all was fine. As for a number on the slab. That part of the game is not for me but it is for a ton of folks. And you know what? I think that is great that they enjoy their collecting, even if by number. I think most on this board (hopefully) will buy the card and not the holder. As I mentioned recently I sent a card in for a 2nd review because I thought it was a 3 instead of a 2, in the last few weeks. If it was staying in my collection there is no way I would have sent it in because I don't care about the # too much. It was for sale though and, that card, was worth 2k more in the better condition. The grading company wouldn't budge. A few days later I sold it for a 3 price.....The buyer was smart and bought the card and not the holder...as well as I wasn't selling the holder either....As long as you enjoy what you do, and aren't harming anyone, then do what you want to, whatever makes you happy. regards