View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtix View Post
I'm reviving this thread to post a few of the non-sports items I've added to my collection in 2012. Hope you enjoy them.

First, an amazing 1934 Whitman Children's Books store display rack, stocked with a few of the books that would have graced it back in the day. I know of no other surviving examples of the rack, which is 36" wide, 36" tall and 14" deep.

Next, an old double-sided department store fixture for 75 cent hardback books. It is 66" tall, 34" wide and 20" deep. Makes a great showcase for those colorful dust jackets of the 1930s.

Finally, here's my 1937 Wurlitzer Model 616A Jukebox, modified and streamlined in the early 1940s. It's currently undergoing a full restoration; hopefully it will be back by Christmas!

Give me a second to push my jaw back into place...

Jeez Rick. Let's just say that I'm thankful you don't collect Beatles memorabilia. First-rate stuff, as always. Your superb taste shines through regardless of what you collect.

And that Wurlitzer... that will be a centerpiece, even in your vast collection! Can't wait to see it once restored.

---------------------------------------------------
Well I recently picked up the Rack-Pack and the Cello, to compliment my 1964 TOPPS Color Wax Box & Pack. And as a bonus, my original 1964 candid snapshot of the Boys in the water, really brings the whole ensemble together.

I must say that it's hard to break the "companion piece" habit!

1964-BeatlesWaxPack-COLOR.jpg1964-BeatlesTopps-COLOR-Box.jpg1964-Beatles-ColorRackPack.jpg
1964-Beatles-Color-Cello-Pack-PSA-7.jpg1964BeatlesSNAPSHOT-2.jpg

Last edited by thekingofclout; 09-26-2012 at 02:53 AM.