View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 04:31 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Doing what your buyer did is bad form, but unfortunately it is part of doing business. I buy and sell and I check a seller much more thoroughly if they don't offer returns.

I try to keep myself from getting too worked up over idiots, but it is hard sometimes.

Maybe you just have to take the Wal Mart approach? Take returns, and don't think twice about it as long as it hasn't been damaged. There isn't much else you can do. Even a graded card could be returned "item not as described" if they complain there are scratches on the case that didn't show up in the scans. It doesn't take much.

It reminds me of when we tried to sell my wife's house before we were married. A "buyer" gave $500 in earnest money and signed a contract pending home inspection. The law states the buyer can back out if not satisfied with the home inspection. There is NO definition of "not satisfied" so anything legally enables the buyer to back out. I found out later, the "buyer" got scared because his fiance's family who didn't want him marrying their daughter, nitpicked a few things that could be fixed in 5 minutes. She had only been in the house two years and fixed it up. We also made sure everything was fixed from the old home inspection. It was stupid and made me realize the seller truly has very little protection on anything, so why fight it.