View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 11:04 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I am definitely other. I am sort of like the odd uncle in the closet. I mainly collect what no one else collects, even among Olympic collectors. I collect original photos of American Olympians. This includes all types - press, studio, personal - high school portraits and even baby photos. It is not just photos, but also RPPC's, negatives, glass plate negatives, magic lantern slides and transparencies (slides). I also collect items related to Olympic photographers - vests, credentials, photographers tickets, patches. I have about a dozen vests and I acquired many of Neil Leifer's Olympic tickets. I am not a big ticket collector, but I will pick up ones that I find interesting - 1960 Ice hockey gold medal game (the original miracle on ice), 1984 Women's marathon (oddball ticket as it is a gold medal event that had a start time at 8:30 in the morning), 1972 Israeli memorial ticket (most people do not realize what this one is).

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”