View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36GoudeyMan View Post
With that extra bit of info, it might be worth having PSA authenticate it with the extra designation of "1st Dodgers Autograph Day" or something. Its those little things that make a ticket more valuable. With that kind of kicker, it could carry a premium, maybe as much as $30. I collect stubs and find that the significance of a game definitely piques my interest in the stub. I believe I have on that is identified as "1st Presidential Attendance at Night Game," or something terribly trivial like that.
Good point, but...
Just curious, how much would it cost to slab the ticket? A ticket doesn't need a plastic holder telling you what it is in order to sell on eBay. Case in point, a ticket to Bob Feller's 1st win just sold for $945 on eBay last night. No PSA slab, BTW.

Full disclosure: My bias is that I don't PSA slab tickets, FWIW. I have never bought or sold a baseball ticket in a slab in 40 years. A well described auction with a xerox copy of a newspaper article describing the event, or a link to the info online will always suffice.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-19-2012 at 06:52 PM.