View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default you have to be kidding me

Posted By: Chuck Montoya

I want o thank you Dan for stepping up and acknowledging Grade Tech.Thanks as well to Elliot for his post. Being new here, it has been somewhat disheartening to watch grading company after grading company being shot down. Because there is so much experience here,I respect the views of the board however, it has become glaringly clear that some here would immediately jump to the conclusion that Grade Tech is dishonest.Their willingness to come here and address the situation shows that they are willing to have their integrity questioned and to rectify that which is wrong.Because of my lack of experience, I guess if some of the others have the reputation of not addressing errors, then they are certainly deserving of all the criticism that so often frequents this board. So ...... I am learning. I am learning that there is some openmindedness here and that maybe some of the other lesser known companies have at least been given the benefit of a doubt in the past. As in my earlier post,I would like to believe that the people in the grading business have a love for what they do. It must take at least more than an admiration for the hobby to scrutinize cards all day.I can only imagine that most of you have come to your opinions after being burned and that after too many bad experiences,all new grading companies are suspect. I do want to thank everyone for keeping from making some of the same mistakes that you have. Fortunately I haven't beened burned too awful bad and have your experience to thank for it.It is nice to see that at least some are willing to look at Grade Tech with different eyes instead of just brushing them aside with those that have already proven to be inferior. I guess I always kind of root for the underdog. I hope that Grade Tech turns out to be wonderful competition to the other Big 3. Competant competition can only be helpful to us as they will all hopefully strive to be the best.
LC