View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 02:52 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
....dandy Hetling. I am sorry you missed a lady, in Sacramento..on eBay about 15 years ago, that had what I remember to be a cigar box full of 1910 and 1911 Obaks that she sold as singles. Good selection and under appreciated at that time. Cool cards and best of luck going forward !!
Thanks for the kind words, Dennis! He may be Good, but that Hetling is pretty cool to me. I am still new to them and learning them, but I can see how they could quickly become habit-forming. What gorgeous little works of art! Part of my motivation for collecting cards when I first started was the historical aspect of them. I have drifted far from that. For a time, I became so condition sensitive that collecting stopped being fun because I started nitpicking everything. That's not to say collectors shouldn't have standards, but I am saying that collecting cards from 1910 or 1911 certainly forces me to loosen up once again...which I am happy to do. I wish I could find another cigar box full of Obaks for sure!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk