Thread: All the Cubs
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Stephen Benzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
--- Your outstanding Leaf Phil Cavaretta !! That is a beauty. I have not seen one that nice before. The '33 Goudey Guy Bush is my personal favorite Baseball card. I'm concerned that the appears to be no love for Wausau Wi. hometown hero Johnny Schmitz and his Cubs years. An outstanding gentleman and life long Cub as he would tell anyone who knocked on his door !! Overall what a great focused collection.
Thanks, I am pretty proud of my Cavarretta, one of my favorite players. And the Goudey Guy Bush is such a cool card. That bright red background, and the beautiful detail on his weirdo face. Goudey at its best, though the Riggs Stephenson is my favorite Goudey Cubs card. Johnny Schmitz is in there at #78. I've got his Bowman rookie and hope to get the Leaf one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
This is awesome, thanks for posting! If it were my collection, I'd probably drop a T206 of someone and add a T204 just to get one of those in there. I'd also probably swap the T201 Hoffman for a E95.
Yes, I'm on the lookout for a Ramly, particularly a Wildfire Schulte. And I went with the T201 for Hofman as a sneaky way to have two Three-Finger Brown cards.

Last edited by Shankweather; 06-27-2018 at 06:19 PM.