View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Default Follow up.... some times it's better to be lucky than good

Posted By: Cat

It seems like there is a lot of good stuff on EBay right now. On the heels of so many auction houses closing auctions, it may be a bad time to list items. A lot of small timers, like myself, scrounge up money to buy something in a MastroNet or similar auction, and then are short on cash after the purchase and stay away from EBay for awhile. I, for one, hope prices are getting soft, since I am in a buying mood right now. I accumulated cash to bid on the MastroNet t204 Ramly Johnson only to have to walk away with nothing, nada, zip, nil. If I would of gotten that card, I wouldn't even be thinking about EBay purchases.

I listed a high dollar card last night, but it was more-or-less to humor myself. I don't think it will sell, at this time of year, at my opening bid. Hopefully, there is a cash flush seller from the MastroNet auction that wants my card. I have a feeling all that cash that went to the owners of the Nagy collection are not going to recirculate that cash back into the card market.

Edited to correct typos unless otherwise noted.