View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Carl, you're absolutely correct. How do I know? Well, I came across his stuff about 2.5 years ago and found signed magazines of Maris, Allie Reynolds, and Gil McDougald that I needed for my collection. Heck, he had a ton of other stuff too like Stengel, Dimaggio, Mantle etc. From the scans they all looked pretty good and I must admit I fell under the greed of trying to get them before other board members found out about them. I was at least smart enough to make sure I could return them if I got them authenticated, so I sent the Maris and Reynolds to Richard Simon and he confirmed they were fake. At that point I looked at the McDougald with a magnifying glass and could see that it looked bad too. So, I was out the shipping and authentication fees (I just ate the McDougald since it wasn't worth the cost of having it authenticated) and chalked it up to a lesson learned.
Please feel free to point that person you mentioned to this thread, and if he still wants to buy, then there's no helping him.

Last edited by mr2686; 06-18-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling