Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Graig,

Wow, it's avalanches like this that almost make the extended radio silence worth it. If this is what happens when Dean locks you up in the studio for a week, I'm excited/afraid to see what emerges after another long New York winter...

Seriously, that '55 Mantle is amazing (I've seen photographs with less detail!). And I'll always have a mad-clown-shaped place in my heart for Schacht, but despite spending the last several minutes trying to shake free of that Van Haltren image, I remain enthralled by the power of the 'stache (as does Al judging by his expression). Truly an amazing assemblage of faces both well-known and not-so.

If I may pause the praise for a second (don't worry, there's plenty more to come), is it a coincidence that these seem to feature a softer focus for the background elements, or is that just a natural part of the closer-up portraits? I think it's particularly effective with Van Haltren, and I'd love to see the original photo for that one some time.

Keep up the good work, and I'll get back to trying to figure out how to compliment you without sounding repetitive