Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful replies, everyone. I REALLY appreciate all of your kind words.

Howard, I've considered historical paintings from time to time, but when it comes down to it, I just don't know if my heart is in it. I mean, it sounds kinda fluffy and all, but I feel like there's something intangible added to this stuff because I love the history of the game so much. When I'm able to approach the easel to do this stuff, I just get super excited. I think if I were to do anything historical and non-sports related, I'd have to have that same feeling in order to not lose my mind. I only think that because I know that when I'm not painting something I have a profound connection with, it can just be torture.

Jay, I hope he feels the same. Otherwise, he won't be my brother anymore.

David, thanks so much for your comment. I think you'll enjoy some of the next few updates I'll be doing, as a lot of them will be some of the regulars from the '27 Yanks - and none of the really sexy names, either. I'm tickled pink that they're some people out there who want paintings of Bob Meusel, Herb Pennock, Urban Shocker and Bob Shawkey. Thank god for them.

Graig