View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Default My public apology & explanation

Posted By: Ray

The first part is for Dan, but I hope everyone reads and thinks about the second part...

Dan, I know you are not Roy Huff or any other sleezeball out there. I would never hesitate buying a card from you, or Jay, or anyone else on this board... and I have in fact bought from some of you (including Jay's brother). I will never have the resources to make the kinds of purchases you do, so maybe in that regard, I have a hard time understanding it. LOL, You must have spent more on that SGC grading shipment than I have in the past 3 years on cards! I sincerely apologize for offending you. That's not what this board is all about... its about sharing a common joy. 35 years or 3, we both love this hobby, and that should be more important than anything else.

That said, having only been in the hobby for just under 3 years, I think a lot of the original members of this forum are forgetting how many lurkers/posters haven't been here since the beginning, people like myself. Some of the original members are blasting into Robert for bringing up information that in their eyes is "old news". I honestly believe more than 75% of the people who read these posts never heard of any of these issues. We're new to the hobby, so old news to you is new news to us. The other thing I worry about is the fact that so many lurkers don't post, or maybe are afraid to post. When I'm singled out for voicing my opinion, and being told by original members that I am losing their respect or they see me in a bad light, even though the forum administrator in his next post agrees with me wholeheartedly... why would a newbie wanna post something on here with that going on??? They are afraid to get bashed for asking what they thought was a real and legitamate question. Ten years ago, I'm sure the wealth of this hobby belonged to about 100 or so people. But with people like me and Trae joining in, the dynamics are changing, and I think some of the members are forgetting that.