View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Default T206 JACK DUNN....Babe Ruth's 1st manager

Posted By: Joann

I think Steve D nailed it in the fourth post of this thread. He is coming diagonally out of the corner. This, to me, makes it essentially a vertical pose.

Diagonal??? Yes. Just like the Speaker T206. It may look like Speaker is leaning back to hit one, but the pose is pretty much the same as his T201 and T3 and in those he is straight up. The T206 has tilted the pose on a diagonal.

So take Dunn and mentally stand him straight up and then compare the result to the photo in Clint's post of 7/30 6:29. Pretty close.

But what is he doing? Posing - just like a lot of the images from the day. I can't think off the top of my head of photos that were actual game action versus warm-up kinds of activities (like many of the pitcher photos that became cards) versus outright poses, but many were posed - which would account for the awkward look that does not seem to relate directly to known game action. The Clint photo above appears posed.

So I think I land on vertical, with a diag tilt.

J

(And Ted, a thousand pardons for continuing the off-track meander of your thread. I can't add much about Dunn - only that I remember reading about him in the Babe Ruth Story but didn't realize it was the same guy as the T206 Dunn until your post. Thanks as always for your contribution to this group.)